Anyone watching this just now. Totally gripped and agree wholeheartedly that he was the best manager England never had.

What a character.

Sad demise but can't wait to go see The Damned United!

Missed the start of the programme so never bothered abput watching the end of it. No point! I'll be going to the cinema myself to see The Damned United, the chick doesn't fancy it. So, if anyone fancies a cheap date, let me know. ;)

I like the look of the Damned United too.

I here it's the same guys who done Forst:Nixon with the guy playing Cloughie also playing a lead in that (forget which) one. Not seen Frost:Nixon but heard it was good too.

Shame I missed the documentary last night.

It's supposed to be a different outlook on the book Cammy, more friendly.

SA, your right about the Frost film, the actor in both is Michael Sheen and from what I've seen, the film looks outstanding.

I may even pay to go to the pictures to see it :D

Re the book again Cammy, they were saying on the programme last night that Peace made a lot of it up, specifically pointing to the fact Clough did not swear.

No idea whats true but just what I have heard and read.

My favourite Brian Clough story was when, at Forest, Roy Keane underhit a passback to the keeper and the opposition forward nipped in and scored. At half-time, and without saying anything, Clough goes up to Keane and just punches him in the face. Keane mentions it in his autobiography. Old school management, you can't beat it :thup:

Re the book again Cammy, they were saying on the programme last night that Peace made a lot of it up, specifically pointing to the fact Clough did not swear.

Clough's family say they are refusing to watch the film because the book was so far from the truth. Peace did say it was fiction though.

As Norris says Jon, the book is part fact, part fiction, a trate that Peace is infamous for! Think they call it faction :confused:

Cammy F

It's supposed to be a different outlook on the book Cammy, more friendly.

SA, your right about the Frost film, the actor in both is Michael Sheen and from what I've seen, the film looks outstanding.

I may even pay to go to the pictures to see it :D

Cheers Jon.:cheers:

I plan on seeing it too, but dunno if i'll pay for it. :whistle: