Paddy Crerand having a go at Rangers and Broadfoot. His "team" are no better than ours. Knob !

Former Celtic star Paddy Crerand has described Rangers as "dreadful" and branded Ibrox defender Kirk Broadfoot a "Junior" player.

Crerand played for the Parkhead club in the early sixties before joining Manchester United where he was part of the Old Trafford side which won the European Cup in 1968 against Benfica at Wembley.

The former Scotland international keeps a keen eye on the Hoops although he is still based in England and scoffed at suggestions that Celtic had blown their chances of retaining the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title by only drawing against Dundee United at Tannadice on Sunday when a win would have taken them five points clear of the Light Blues.

Pointing back to last week's Co-operative Insurance Cup final between Celtic and Rangers at Hampden in which the Parkhead side deservedly won 2-0 after extra time, Crerand was scathing of Walter Smith's side and of Broadfoot in particular.

"Celtic will win the title," he told Talk Sport.

"I watched the League Cup final between Celtic and Rangers last week and Rangers were dreadful.

"Who is that player Kirk Broadfoot? He should be playing Junior (non-league) football.

"You've got to ask, is that how far Rangers have gone down if he is playing for them?

"But when you look back to the Scottish players in my day, then the standard of football up there is dreadful."

Well i'm at least familiar with the name, but a bit before my time.

Fuck him anyway, they've not won it yet.

He couldn't have been any good if I haven't heard of him. He might be before my time but I've still heard of Baxter, McGrain, Henderson, Lennox etc.

I heard him say it on TalkSport yesterday. He also argued that wayne Rooney should never have received his second booking because the ball went straight to Johnnie Evans. :rolleyes:

He was right in what he said about us being poor, but as Craig points out, celtic were also extremely poor and if he can't see that then he shouldn't be a pundit.

Came across as a tosser.

I thought that both teams were poor over the 90 mins. They had the better of the 1st half and we had the better of the 2nd half.

Going on decent chances created we probably had the better of those but only because we forced Boruc into making saves (he had a couple of saves to make) whilst the chances Celtic created they didnt get shots on target, although they should have.

I would therefore agree that if any team deserved to win it in 90 then it was us.

But Celtic won it so they deservedly deserved to win it :fish: