Laff fears his season's over

RANGERS star Kyle Lafferty fears his season is FINISHED.

The Ulsterman was carried off on a stretcher after twisting his right ankle when opening the scoring in Saturday�s 2-2 draw with Hearts at Ibrox.

Lafferty will undergo an MRI scan to determine the extent of the damage. But SunSport can reveal that Lafferty�s ankle is NOT broken.

However it is understood he may have ruptured his ligaments and that could rule the luckless hitman out for the rest of the campaign.

It is a huge blow for a player who was just beginning to win over the Ibrox support.

The 21-year-old â�� a �£3.25million summer signing from Burnley â�� was clearly in some distress as he was helped from the field at the weekend.

His early strike handed Walter Smith�s side the lead before Gers skipper Barry Ferguson doubled the Ibrox side�s advantage.

But the Jambos staged a storming second-half fightback and snatched a point thanks to two goals in two minutes from Christos Karipidis and Ruben Palazuelos.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2334553.ece

Guest adamski
And once again, as with Naismith last year, our medical staff allowed him to continue playing after the initial injury.

"just run it off"

I knew and everyone else knew around us he was done form the second he hit the deck

so did the player going by his reluctance to get back on the field

"just run it off"

I knew and everyone else knew around us he was done form the second he hit the deck

so did the player going by his reluctance to get back on the field

Agree i said right away that is an end of season Job.You could see on the pain he was in that something was way wrong. Why the Physio never judged it that way i will never know.