Liverpool v Villa & other EPL

Wasn't there an AV defender right next to Friedel and Torres?

He was either just behind or coming in from the side. TBH it looked like Friedel couldn't have got out the way but was a clear penalty, just 'possibly' a little harsh with the sending off.

A great week for Liverpool but can't see Man United bottling it. They have been over the course so often and have the better team / squad.

However, depends on what priority both managers decided the EPL is. Rafa has historically given the CL a higher priority than the EPL although most / all Liverpool fans would prefer the EPL.

Man United and SAF have the attitude that both are as important as each other and believe that the domestic cups are nothing more than 'nice to haves'.

Personally I hope Man United win the EPL and Chelsea (if not them then Barca) win the CL :)

Cammy F

Arsenal play Man Ure, Liverpool and Chelski in the title run-in. They'll have a big say in who the title goes too. You never know, if Arsenal can win their matches against the top 3 then they MIGHT have a small chance of winning it. They're coming into some form at the right time.

Arsenal play Man Ure, Liverpool and Chelski in the title run-in. They'll have a big say in who the title goes too. You never know, if Arsenal can win their matches against the top 3 then they MIGHT have a small chance of winning it. They're coming into some form at the right time.

Still feel that Arsenal are a little 'weak' and certain teams will be able to bully them and knock them off their stride. Depending on who Wenger can keep and add to the squad, they may well be worth an outside bet for next years EPL.

Cammy F

Still feel that Arsenal are a little 'weak' and certain teams will be able to bully them and knock them off their stride. Depending on who Wenger can keep and add to the squad, they may well be worth an outside bet for next years EPL.

Cammy F

If only Cammy. They're built up every season but always drop way to many daft points against smaller teams. Home draws against Fulham and Sunderland and daft defeats against Stoke and Hull dont do the young Gunners any good.

Arsenal need a clinical finisher and a Vieira type player as Song and Diaby just don't do it for me.

He was either just behind or coming in from the side. TBH it looked like Friedel couldn't have got out the way but was a clear penalty, just 'possibly' a little harsh with the sending off.

I think it was more than "possibly" harsh.

As BD says, Friedel couldnt get out of the way, PLUS there was a Villa player stride for stride with Torres and there was no guarantee that Torres would have beat him to ball.

It was one of those instances where common sense really should be applied. It was harsh anyway but the game was already over as well. Penalty should have sufficed.

Man U will be going all out for all 5, there is no doubt about that. Which could play into Liverpool's hands in the EPL. That said, I agree Cammy, I still dont see Man U bottling it - they have had a couple of blips but are still in front with a game in hand.

Friedel has had his red card rescinded (sp) by the SFA.

Does that mean it was reduced to a yellow or wiped out alltogether?

I did say in an earlier post I htought the decision was possibly harsh....

Friedel has had his red card rescinded (sp) by the SFA.

Does that mean it was reduced to a yellow or wiped out alltogether?

I did say in an earlier post I htought the decision was possibly harsh....

If the SFA rescinded it can they also perhaps manage to get us into the EPL ? Nice one Jon :thup:

I think that it would be reduced to yellow, but not sure.