Damned (good) United

The ironic thing is that people on here were hammering home the point that it wasn't that we were behind Celtic that they were so critical (as it's only 3 points), it was the fact we were behind AND the football was dire and getting worse. From what I've heard the football was good yesterday - and so many people should really be a lot happier now...

We drew but we played good, attacking football, which is precisely up most of the critics' street.

So if that continues, it just boils down to being 3 pts behind with 9 games to go which should be game on in anyone's book.

The ironic thing is that people on here were hammering home the point that it wasn't that we were behind Celtic that they were so critical (as it's only 3 points), it was the fact we were behind AND the football was dire and getting worse. From what I've heard the football was good yesterday - and so many people should really be a lot happier now...

We drew but we played good, attacking football, which is precisely up most of the critics' street.

So if that continues, it just boils down to being 3 pts behind with 9 games to go which should be game on in anyone's book.

Yip, the first half yesterday especially is the kind of football I want to see, the players were well up for it, but what happened after that ?, obviously losing Lafferty was a big blow as the guy was playing out of his skin, but yet again a daft substitution Beasley off Naismith on ????. Still if the players go out with the same kind of approach as the first half then at least we will have a fighting chance

Yip, the first half yesterday especially is the kind of football I want to see, the players were well up for it, but what happened after that ?, obviously losing Lafferty was a big blow as the guy was playing out of his skin, but yet again a daft substitution Beasley off Naismith on ????. Still if the players go out with the same kind of approach as the first half then at least we will have a fighting chance

first half display was immense. it isn't an exaggeration to say that lafferty was leading from the front. he set the tempo and chased everything down and actually done constructive things with the ball when he won it. boyd won flick-ons, barry ferguson looked like he was enjoying his football with incisive forward passes.

too many players disappeared though. papac was woeful. davis might as well have dematerialised. mendes was far, far, off the pace. ferguson just looked annoyed. dailly done well throughout i thought, but everyone went into passenger mode. and once the impetus was lost there was no attempt (unlike celtic yesterday) to reclaim it. punting the ball forward and not even chasing up the second balls.

I think one encouraging thing, not for the first time, is that they had to fight for their draw while we threw a dominant position away.

Maybe it's negative in that they have more fight than us but it does suggest that we have the better team - so if we can instill some fight to match their's we should beat them.

You can choose to fight but you can't choose to be a better team.

I think one encouraging thing, not for the first time, is that they had to fight for their draw while we threw a dominant position away.

Maybe it's negative in that they have more fight than us but it does suggest that we have the better team - so if we can instill some fight to match their's we should beat them.

You can choose to fight but you can't choose to be a better team.

Agree with your first statement - last season I always felt that our negativity and lack of creativity would cost us the title, sadly that was to be the case as, when it came to the business end of the season, we didn't have the class to see it through. Saturday, by all accounts, was a decent hour's performance - but a game lasts 90 minutes. That said, I would prefer we were performing well and dropping points than performing the way we were last season and struggling to create chances.

Not sure that merely because we threw away a lead whilst they fought back for a draw can allow is to determine that we are the better team. Utd have caused BOTH us and Celtic huge problems this season. We can't really make any such determination due to one game either. Neither OF team is a very good team. This league will be decided, IMO, on who is least worst and, dare I say it, some luck too.

If luck comes into it then surely we are due more than they are after the amount of luck they had at the start of the season ?

Guest adamski

You know what annoyed me most about yesterday

a United team with several players missing put them under more pressure than we did in 120 minutes of a national cup final

You know what annoyed me most about yesterday

a United team with several players missing put them under more pressure than we did in 120 minutes of a national cup final

Yeah, it just shows what can be achieved when you go at that Celtic team. :(

I don't think that's fair. Celtic played a totally different game against us including playing a 4-5-1. They went out to play against Dundee Utd, expecting to win, and the home team took advantage of the space to play and often hit on the break.

If Celtic had played like that against us, I'm sure we'd have had far more chance of a repeat of the 4-2 game.

The reason OF games have become dull is that both teams are now very cagey against each other since that game - not just one.