Kilmarnock 0-0 Motherwell

Guest Jum Spence

It was quite possibly one of the most boring games I have ever encountered, later that day I went to see Ross County v Morton, that game finished 1-1, I'm worried for the future of Scottish football, there's no quality being produced anymore, kick and rush stuff is still evident as are the ping pong games of headers.

It was quite possibly one of the most boring games I have ever encountered, later that day I went to see Ross County v Morton, that game finished 1-1, I'm worried for the future of Scottish football, there's no quality being produced anymore, kick and rush stuff is still evident as are the ping pong games of headers.

Funny, I was discussing this in the pub last night. The general consensus being that Scottish football is on a downturn at the moment. All four Scottish representatives got papped out of Europe in the first round - five if you count Hibs in the Intertoto.

The very fact that the Old Firm both have their worst sides in years yet are still miles ahead of the other 10 teams is worrying. I watched Aberdeen v Dunfermline the other night, and if that is what 'Scotland's 3rd club' has to offer then we live in bleak times.

In addition, the current financial crisis will almost certainly see SPL teams shed players to stay afloat, impacting still further on the quality of the fare on show - which in turn will turn people away from the games, deepening their financial problems.