This financial mess of ours.

Frankie posted this in the Nacho Novo thread but I thought I'd start a new thread as it has nothing to do with the playing side of Rangers.

The contractual situation at Rangers is an ongoing joke.

Huge bonus payments (�£7million paid out for our European efforts last season) for relative, partial 'success' but only patronising guff in the media when we fail to actually win anything of note...

I don't expect players to be fined for the odd bad game. But for ongoing failure to deliver anything like what is expected should give us the opportunity to re-examine their financial status.

I'm sure I read or was told that if Rangers won the treble then the players would each receive a bonus of 100k. Fuckin' great if you're a player but what about the non playing staff Rangers plan on making redundant because we're a bit skint?

If you're going to put people out a job for something outwith their control then you can't plan on handing the players a bonus of 100k each. They must be wondering who worked that one out!

Obviously it doesn't matter now.

Yeah, these bonus payments make me sick.

The bonus should be in winning and the pride obtained from that. In an era where the club is losing title after title, having to dismiss employee after employee and fans struggling in a recession; I'd have preferred our club captain to publicly forego bonuses and win titles without these unnecessary financial incentives.

In these financial climates, why not give the palyers new contracts that state they'll be paid 'x' for a victory and nowt for a draw or defeat. Wonder if that would see a change in our fortunes.....

As for bonuses, totally sickening.

Cammy F

In these financial climates, why not give the palyers new contracts that state they'll be paid 'x' for a victory and nowt for a draw or defeat. Wonder if that would see a change in our fortunes.....

I suggested that very thing on a couple of threads on here last night Cammy. Totally agree as well. I don't see why the likes of Fergie should be taking home 25k a week for captaining our team to losing games. Give them a basic that's way below what they're currently on & make it up to their current weekly take home if they win that week. Giving them what they're currently on PLUS extra bonus incentives is no real incentive at all imo. If you're already loaded, is a 15k bonus for a cup final win going to motivate you? No way.

I suggested that very thing on a couple of threads on here last night Cammy. Totally agree as well. I don't see why the likes of Fergie should be taking home 25k a week for captaining our team to losing games. Give them a basic that's way below what they're currently on & make it up to their current weekly take home if they win that week. Giving them what they're currently on PLUS extra bonus incentives is no real incentive at all imo. If you're already loaded, is a 15k bonus for a cup final win going to motivate you? No way.

The problem is, who is going to sign for us under those conditions when they can get a decent basic elsewhere? You need everyone to do this and I think for the sake of the game UEFA need to bring in rules which apply to all clubs about how much they can pay in total basic wages.

For example, clubs in the bottom of the Premiership all have to spend huge amounts of money on players and their wages to try and stay up, but in the end, 3 WILL go down. Even with the parachute payments, they will have most likely overreached themselves financially.

If their total basic wage was affordable for when they got the drop, they would be ok, and large bonuses could be paid for staying up.

It means clubs would could tailor their spending to match their success.

How it's implemented would, however, be a nightmare. You can't for example base it on turnover as we know quite well that your turnover drops dramatically when you contract out some of your business while your gross profit remains the same.