I could've doubled my wages with Toon

MADJID BOUGHERRA has revealed he snubbed a bumper offer to quit Rangers and double his wages at Newcastle.

The Ibrox defender turned down a big-money move to the Premier League strugglers in January.

Toon manager Joe Kinnear lodged an interest in the �£2.5million Algerian ace.

Bougherra said: ââ?¬Å?I joined Charlton as I wanted to get into the Premier League quickly, but I ended up being relegated.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢ve had a repeat scenario this season. Six perfect months with Rangers, then Newcastle came in for me. Like Charlton were, they are in the Premier League, but fighting to stay up. I did not want to make the same mistake again.

ââ?¬Å?I want to end the season with Rangers and savour it, knowing I can play my game and enjoy the managerââ?¬â?¢s full confidence in me.

ââ?¬Å?I can only improve. Iââ?¬â?¢m enjoying myself at Rangers, and I donââ?¬â?¢t see why I should leave.

ââ?¬Å?I could make twice as much money at Newcastle as Rangers donââ?¬â?¢t pay me much more than what I was on at Charlton. I am not among their best-paid players, but in sporting terms I am at a big club and I am happy with what Iââ?¬â?¢ve got.

ââ?¬Å?We get 50,000 crowds for every home game, and we are in Europe every year ââ?¬â? apart from this season.

ââ?¬Å?Okay, the SPL is not the best league in the world. There are three or four good sides, but the rest are not great.

ââ?¬Å?My heart is with Rangers. I want to stay with them for another season at the very least.

ââ?¬Å?I have climbed the ladder. It would be illogical for me to leave Rangers for a club struggling to stay up, knowing I will play European football next season.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2316983.ece

Surely you don't think Walter Smith signed two top notch players?

I have to give him that he does have a nose for a good defender. It is just a pity he puts eleven of them in place.;)