Boyd Admits He Got It Wrong

More accurately the headline should have read...........

"Boyd actually admits nothing and Rangers manager makes no comment but since another worthless rag has mentioned it we are going to make up some more shit to get on the bandwagon too. Come on you hoops."

Agree with Coisty's comments, no player should be happy at not playing.

I don't even think the odd outburst is completely wrong as long as it's not Boydy behaving like a child every time.

Looks like Smith dealt with this well and could hopefully get a reaction from him.

Let's all be honest though, Boyd was highly unlikely to play in the cup final and being dropped for Hamilton was merely (as he feared) the confirmation. :(

I'm not one of the one's who went off the deep end in gushing praise at the Miller and Lafferty partnership against an already depleted Hamilton side who were decimated by injuries throughout the match.

I'd still be more confident with Boyd in the team, as long as he doesn't deliver an ICT performance.

I think a player getting paid Boyd's wage should be able to act more professionally. You shouldn't be happy about being dropped but getting really outwardly upset about it, if nothing else, makes you look like a big primadonna poof. A bit like when Niomi Campbell doesn't get the right flowers in her dressing room or something.

It also depends on where his anger is aimed - he's been crap enough lately to have received plenty of criticism on here and was actually expected to be dropped. So if his anger is focused externally the guy has an ego problem which will handicap his ability to get his form back. He needs to look in the mirror first as you can't change what you don't acknowledge.

There is also the affect on the rest of the team - I certainly wouldn't want to work with someone who throws the rattle out of the pram every time someone is picked for something ahead of them - especially if it was me that was picked.

So instead of kicking up a tantrum for not being picked, a professional should be focusing their anger on extra training to get back in the team.