Mike McCurry: ââ?¬Ë?Cheat and philanderer? Nothing could be farther from the truthââ?¬â?¢

Keevins reinforces it by referring to the "Reverend McCurry" on every possible opportunity with a note of disdain in his voice, just in case people had forgotten his religion, and the fact that he had been front page news.

As it happens McCurry is only latterly a Baptist having previously been involved in other churches.

The whole Dundee Utd thing was a farce. It took about3 replays from 3 different angles to sort out what was the correct decision and you could easily see why the linesman got the offside wrong. From a similar camera angle to his view it looked like the Utd player played the ball.

There was also 3 crucial, incorrect linesman decisions against Rangers that could easily have resulted in goals (which the press and DU NEVER mention) so no way were Utd robbed.

Part of the game (especially without technology) is that you have to play by the decisions of the referee knowing that the referee can be fallible and there is no way they can be sued.

I think there is little chance that referees lack integrity and sometimes they make mistakes and sometimes they are a bit rubbish but in this case, the decisions may be ultimately wrong but it wasn't due to incompetence, it was due to the limitations of three guys not being able to see everything in an instant from every angle and have no benefit of a replay.

It's shocking that McCurry has been treated in such a way.

This suggests that the game is corrupt.

The SFA are punishing a referee for giving decisions in Rangers' favour but don't do otherwise for the likes of Eddie Smith, Brines etc who have consistently given decisions, and ultimately last year's SPL title to Celtic.

Absolutely, and does anybody honestly believe Celtic wouldn't bring that very fact up to all and sundry if things were the other way around? If the SFA are going to go 10 months without assigning a referee to any games involving two particular teams, the least they can do is come out and explain it.

Remember Levein's reaction when Dundee Utd were denied a stonewall penalty by Charlie Richmond at Tannadice early this season? "I can understand that people make mistakes and, in all honesty, I like Charlie. I think he's a decent referee and I've just got to put it down that he made a mistake." Slightly different from his hatchet job on McCurry, eh?

And the mhedia agenda in this country was never better illustrated than when Levein was portrayed as some sort of hero while they took McCurry to the cleaners.

The only thing worse than Celtic's string of dodgy decisions in the second half of last season and the first half of this season, was the radio silence it was met by.