Who would you play at left-midfield next week...?

Who would you play at left-midfield next weekend?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you play at left-midfield next weekend?

• John Fleck
    • AarÃ?³n Ã?â??Ã?­guez
    • Steven Naismith
    • DaMarcus Beasley
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Steven Whittaker
    • Kyle Lafferty
    • Kenny Miller
    • Nacho Novo

My fault for forgetting about his return from injury MF - forgot to include him when we voted. :sigh:

First one I thought of and get's my vote.

Fleck and Aaron have shown they are not quite ready yet, Beasley has not even been able to challenge the youngsters for the position and the rest are out of position.

So I agree with Bluedell that Novo, although by default, is to me, head and shoulders above the others for our problem position.

Just hope he's match fit and if not, could be a sub instead.

Would be happy enough to see Whittaker in the starting line-up but not in midfield.

Fleck hasn't earned an OF cup final start yet but I'd have no reservations about playing Aaron.

McCulloch / Lafferty / Miller at LM? No thanks.

My choice would be Nacho if fit. The scum absolutely hate playing against him.

Miller and Lafferty up front.

I'd go for Beasley or Aaron for the simple reason that its their natural or most preferred position and I think they're the only two in that list who that can be said about. Maybe McCulloch at a stretch?

I think LM is like any other position, we need to find a player (and backup) to be given some time to settle in to that role and see how they do. There's no point chopping and changing things constantly.

If Novo is fit, he could obviously play there, but I still think he's best coming on from the bench unless we play him through the middle as playing from the start seems to highlight the weaknesses in his game.

It's actually not that easy a question to answer of course which is why I stuck the smilie in.

Fleck hasn't really impressed, Aaron and Beasley are arguably too lightweight for such a game and the others listed will be playing out of position if they are chosen.

In some ways, the formation we employ is important to our answer. 4-5-1 is most likely to that means we could and should use one of the more creative players there. But if we go with a 4-4-2, we will need someone who can do the Davis job of tucking in when required but also capable of getting forward.

As such, considering I'd prefer us to play 4-4-2; I'm going to go with Fleck. I did actually consider McCulloch but I reckon Fleck could match Nakamura easily enough and cause problems for Hinkel.

:)

It's difficult to pick a player without picking th formation first.

4-5-1 you need a player offering width, playing higher up the park, and supporting the lone striker.

In a 4-4-2 you need a more traditional midfield player who will offer more solidity and protection to their fullback.

I'm not sure we really have a player who fulfills the latter role. Arguably McCulloch.

I like the thought of playing Novo, Naismith or Fleck for various reasons.

I wouldn't be too convinved by any of the others.

Fleck 4

Aaron 5

Novo 7

No one else has received a vote atm.

Fleck will not play. Neither will Aaron. After initial bright appearances they have not played well enough to cement their position and they would need to be playing exceptionally well to keep a more experienced (if out of form) senior team mate out of an Old Firm.

Smith will always play safe.

Novo is just back from injury and it would be unfair to throw him in and exepct him to perform. Smith wouldn't take the gamble, though I maybe would.

So, whoever plays, the Gersnet consensus will be disappointment.

Of the other options, which none of us fancied;

Whittaker is a right back candidate. Will not start left.

Beasley is no where near the first team picture. (Rightly so imo).

With Smith likely to deploy a 4-5-1 we will likely see the out of position Lafferty or Miller on the left. :(

Edited by Super_Ally
most retarded typo ever