Who would you play at left-midfield next week...?

Who would you play at left-midfield next weekend?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you play at left-midfield next weekend?

• John Fleck
    • AarÃ?³n Ã?â??Ã?­guez
    • Steven Naismith
    • DaMarcus Beasley
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Steven Whittaker
    • Kyle Lafferty
    • Kenny Miller
    • Nacho Novo

4-5-1 or 4-4-2, we need a left midfielder next week.

Fleck, Aaron, Naismith, Beasley, Lafferty, Miller, Whittaker and McCulloch have all played there of late.

Who would you play?

:devil:

It's actually not that easy a question to answer of course which is why I stuck the smilie in.

Fleck hasn't really impressed, Aaron and Beasley are arguably too lightweight for such a game and the others listed will be playing out of position if they are chosen.

In some ways, the formation we employ is important to our answer. 4-5-1 is most likely to that means we could and should use one of the more creative players there. But if we go with a 4-4-2, we will need someone who can do the Davis job of tucking in when required but also capable of getting forward.

As such, considering I'd prefer us to play 4-4-2; I'm going to go with Fleck. I did actually consider McCulloch but I reckon Fleck could match Nakamura easily enough and cause problems for Hinkel.

:)

Novo should be... Will add him to the poll.... :)

I guess a fair number of people would play him there but his fitness may be in doubt so he's possibly a better sub IMO.

I've gone for Novo, same team as Sunday with Novo replacing Aaron, that's what I would like to see, but knowing Walter it will probably be McCulloch, the other option is bringing Broadfoot back into RB and Whittaker playing LM, you just never know what team will be selected ???????????

Really difficult question.

Fleck's performances at Parkhead and against Inverness put serious question marks against him. Aaron's performance yesterday suggested he's not up to it yet. Naismith also hasn't looked that great when played wide.

Beasley hasn't played a decent competitive game for us for ages and would be too big a risk. Miller is better suited to start upfront, and will. Lafferty, McCulloch and Whittaker aren't suited to it.

Which leave me with Novo, more by default than anything else.

Edited by Bluedell

My fault for forgetting about his return from injury MF - forgot to include him when we voted. :sigh:

Ah, no problemo, I'm the last person to get it right in any case. TBO I never even thought about him until I saw you'd added his name.

Has to be an attacking player, possibly Beasley or Aaron. Celtc's backline are weak against pace, thus I expect Lafferty and Miller to play through the middle with a pacey winger out left.

Can see SW retaining has place at right-back as he offers more going forward than Broadfoot and this allows Davis to play his natural game.

All in all, I'd be happy to see the same 11 that started yesterdays game start on Sunday. However, Novo does have a fantastic scoring record against Celtc so maybe Miller and Novo thro the middle?

Cammy F